Hire a Hymer Bookings

Select your choice of motorhome and your dates to escape using the calendar below.

Prices includes insurance (2 drivers), VAT, Breakdown cover and unlimited mileage.

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Please feel free to check out our hundreds of reviews from our satisfied customers.


Booking Process

Why do I have to pay a £750 Deposit?

There is a £750 as a requirement of the insurance company, to cover the cost of any damage to the vehicle whilst it is in your possession, including but not limited to the insurance excess.

Ok then what's the £150 Deposit for?

We ask for a £150 deposit (non-refundable) at the point of booking with the balance due 5 weeks prior to travel. This is to offset our risk due to late or unavoidable cancellations.

When do I get my Deposit Back?

Once we have inspected the campervan/motorhome with you and confirmed there is no damage or excessive cleaning required we will transfer the £750 back onto your card. This can take up to 10 working days to process but generally happens within 3 working days.

How Can I Pay?

The £150 deposit is paid by card through our booking system. Then 5 weeks before departure you can pay the balance by BACS or card payment. (if paying by BACS please let us know that you have made the payment)

What Information will you need when I book?

All drivers must be present at collection. We will need to see the plastic card part of the driving licence and also a printout from the DVLA – please see https://www.viewdrivingrecord.service.gov.uk/driving-record/licence-number. Alongside this we also need a proof of address for every driver, matching the address on the licence (e.g. council tax, telephone or utility bill dated within the last 3 months). You can e-mail a copy when booking and show us the originals when you pick the Motorhome up. We need you to complete the booking process and provide a non-refundable booking deposit of £150 to secure your booking.

What age requirement is there for drivers?

Any age between 23 and 70 is permitted by our insurers as standard and with standard premiums. However, the insurers will often insure other drivers either at a surcharge or subject to the hirer agreeing to a larger excess. All drivers are subject to approval by our insurers.

Are points on my license or accidents a problem?

It depends on how many! Generally, up to six points for speeding are no problem and won’t cost extra. Hirers must not have had more than 1 accident in the last three years. Please contact us before booking if you do not meet the above criteria, as there may be an insurance surcharge and in exceptional circumstances, we may not be able to hire to you if we can not obtain insurance that covers you to drive.

How can I book?

The easiest way to book is online – go to our booking page, select your dates and choose your motorhome and click book. If you prefer you are welcome to call and we can process your booking over the phone.

Is there a Minimum Booking?

Yes - We have a minimum booking of 3 days but during July and August, our minimum booking is 1 week.


Can the motorhomes be used in the winter?

Yes. All the motorhomes are made with a good level of insulation in the floor as well as insulated walls and roof and have full heating. We have had many customers go skiing in our motorhomes.

What's Included?

Our prices include comprehensive insurance, EU breakdown cover and unlimited mileage.

If you would like to look a complete list please refer to our "What's Included" page. 

Is there hot water?

Yes. There is a gas-powered hot water heater which will heat water to 50 or 70 degrees (depending on what you choose), so you can have hot water even if you are not staying somewhere with electric hookup. This gives hot and cold running water in both sinks (kitchen and bathroom) and for the shower. All three have mixer taps, just like home!

Can I drive a motorhome on a normal car licence?

Currently, all our motorhomes are less than 3.5t and can be driven on a normal licence.

Can I hire a motorhome from you if I live abroad?

We are able to hire to most non-UK residents without problems – Australia, New Zealand, European Union, USA, Canada, South Africa etc. More often than not the driving licence requirements are the same as the UK.

What type of fuel does it use?

All our motorhomes run on diesel. 

Is a motorhome hard to drive?

No, as long as you remember you are driving something bigger than a car and adapt your driving accordingly – and of course avoid height-restricted car parks and low bridges etc. The biggest mistake people make is forgetting about the length of the motorhome – it will turn on a sixpence but it does have a large bum that sticks out! The motorhome will cruise at 60-70 mph on the motorway with ease.

Motorhome Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) Insurance?

We recommend using this company Motorhome Hire Excess Insurance

Is there a fridge?

Yes – there is a three-way fridge and freezer which runs off gas, 240v electricity (when on hookup at a campsite) and 12v (powered by a leisure battery which charges whilst driving). It is recommended that 240v is used for the fridge where electric hookup is available, 12v whilst driving (as the battery chargers whilst driving) and gas when stopped without electric hookup (to avoid flattening the battery as all fridges use a lot of power and will drain a leisure battery in a day or two).

We are going to a festival (woohoo!) and will not be on an electric hookup - can I still use a hairdryer?

If you are on electric hookup then you can use your normal hairdryer – if you are not on electric hookup then you can use one of our 12v hairdryers. We can supply you one of these free of charge. You have to look your best in one of our motorhomes 🙂

Can I hire a motorhome from you if I live abroad?

We are able to hire to most non-UK residents without problems – Australia, New Zealand, European Union, USA, Canada, South Africa etc. More often than not the driving licence requirements are the same as the UK.

Do I need a generator?

All of the motorhomes are designed to be used ‘off-grid’. All of the features of the motorhome work without being plugged into electricity – fridge, internal lights, hot water, heating tv etc… but these all run from gas or 12v. If you need to run something from 240v (eg hairdryer) then you would need either electric hookup or you could hire one of our generators for your holiday. (please be aware that not all campsites will allow you to run a generator).

Collection & Return

When can I pick up and drop of our motorhome?

Collection is from 3 pm and return by 11 am (we try to be flexible on these if possible).

Can I leave early or return later than the published time?

Subject to availability this may be possible. An additional hire charge may be payable – ask for details. We will do our best to accommodate you.

Can I leave my car with you whilst I am on holiday?

Yes, it can be left on our drive or in our garage.

Do you show me how everything works in the motorhome?

Hopefully, you would have watched the online video before you arrive. However, we will show you around the vehicle and show you how everything works. There is also an onboard manual. 

Can you deliver the campervan or motorhome to me?

We are on some occasions able to deliver but this does depend on where and when. 

Where can I collect the campervan/motorhome from?

We are based in Colwyn Heights, Colwyn Bay in North Wales. 

What should I bring with me?

The motorhome comes with plates, bowls, cups, glasses, knives, forks, spoons, teaspoons, kettle, saucepans, frying pan and cooking utensils. There is also tea, coffee, sugar and salt/pepper. Folding picnic chairs and table. All the beds will be covered with clean mattress protectors.

You will need to bring (this list is not exhaustive): Clothes & toiletries, personal items, food & drink and also bedding (we do supply bedding at £20/head).

Do you supply toilet rolls, chemicals and cleaning products?

We do supply a couple of toilet rolls, a few toilet sachets and washing up liquid. 


How much do I have to pay to get started?

We ask for a £150 booking deposit (which comes off your booking total) and then for the balance to be settled 5 weeks before travel.

Security Deposit

The security deposit must be paid before you depart. This is £1,000 and will be refunded within 3 days of return. (it can take longer to show on your card due to the card processing company)

How do I go about making payment?

Please follow the link sent to you via the booking confirmation email.

On Holiday

Are Pets Welcome?

We do allow them but we charge £50 per trip, the hair gets everywhere and takes ages to clean.

What if I break down?

All our vehicles are well maintained, serviced and MOT'd so hopefully you won’t! If you do, breakdown cover is included in the cost of your holiday. (Details will be expained to you) If it isn’t possible to get you going again, we will try to find the alternative vehicle or if not possible we will refund the balance of your hire fee.

Can your campervans and motorhomes be taken to Europe?

As it stands at this current time, yes but as we have now left the EU certain restrictions may come into place. Watch this space….

Can the motorhome go in the Channel Tunnel?

Yes, although our motorhomes have an LPG tank they are not powered by LPG. They will check that your bottle is switched off.

Check availability using our fully automated booking tool.

Or if you have any further questions then please don't hesitate to contact us.

© 2021 Hire a Hymer Motorhome Hire All Rights Reserved

Hire a Hymer Motorhome Hire St Andrews Rd, Colwyn Bay, Conwy. North Wales LL29 6DL

Connect with us: